Updated: July 10th, 2019
What information we collect and how we collect it
To provide our deposit-replacement service, we collect personal information of tenants, landlords and letting agents via our website and web portal (through which you sign up for flatfair’s services), by email and telephone, and sometimes by other methods (e.g. in-person meetings or post). The information we collect may include:
- name, email address, residential address, telephone number, nationality, date of birth, income level (requested, or calculated from level of rent), marital status, payment ID provide by our payment service provider Stripe
- behaviour as a tenant, including rent payment history, damage to a property and what you do about it, and your dealings with landlords and us
- other details you provide to your landlord or letting agent (‘Other Information’), which we request only when needed to seek payment for damage to a property or failure to pay rent
- name, email address, property address(es), business or residential address, telephone number
- behaviour as a landlord, including dealings with tenants and us
name, email address, business address, telephone number
To provide our Referencing Service, we collect personal information of tenants via our website and web portal, via our approved 3rd party providers such as Barbon by email and telephone, and sometimes by other methods (e.g. in-person meetings or post). The information we collect may include:
- Collecting tenant’s personal information for the purposes of conducting a tenant reference. This includes both data provided by the end-user, and results provided by Credit Reference Agencies. We will store this data for no less than 7 years. This enables us to keep accurate records of business transactions, and allows the records to be used in any potential legal claims or complaints.
To provide our Deposit Registration Service, we collect personal information of tenants via our website and web portal, via our approved 3rd party providers such as MyDeposits by email and telephone, and sometimes by other methods (e.g. in-person meetings or post). The information we collect may include:
- Collecting tenant’s personal information for the purposes of registering a standard Tenancy Deposit, provided by the end-user. We will store this data for no less than 7 years. This enables us to keep accurate records of business transactions, and allows the records to be used in any potential legal claims or complaints.”
We never share your information with third parties for marketing purposes without your consent.
Insurance. We share personal information of Flaftair Member tenants on a confidential basis with our insurers, brokers and other parties involved with our insurance policies and any claims under those policies.
Debt recovery. If you damage a property or fail to pay rent, we may share your information with service providers who help us recover money that you owe.
Credit rating companies. We share information on a confidential basis as explained under ‘Tenant and landlord profiles’ above.
Please see this link for information on how to disable cookies. However, please note that disabling cookies may affect some features of our website.
Rights regarding your information
You have the following rights regarding your personal information:
access to and correction of information
deletion of information and/or restriction on how we process it (we are not able to restrict processing in a way that impairs our ability to offer the deposit-replacement service)
portability of your information to other service providers.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at email@example.com. When we delete your information, it disappears promptly from our service; however, it will remain in our back-up systems for a period before being deleted permanently.
How long we keep your information
Subject to your rights explained above, we will keep your data for 7 years or for as long as you continue to access our service (including to allow you to build a profile and enjoy reduced rates for future tenancies). Information that is essential to providing the deposit-replacement service (including information on bad behaviour of tenants) may be kept indefinitely.
We delete Other Information collected in connection with a landlord/tenant dispute promptly once it is no longer needed for the dispute.
Information security and storage
Information security is central to the way we do business. We aim to use industry best practice for security from both technological and business process perspectives, and these practices are regularly reviewed and updated. We store our data on Amazon Web Services while remaining responsible at all times for the security of your information.
To protect your Flatfair account, we encourage you to select a secure password, to protect your password, and to use appropriate security software on your devices.
Changes to this Policy
From time to time, Flatfair may revise this Policy to reflect changes in the law, changes in our products, or for other reasons. Updated versions of this Policy will be posted on our website. If we make significant changes to the Policy, we will contact registered customers you to explain the changes.
Contact information and complaints
Flatfair is registered in England under as company number 10487576, and our registered address is 107 Cheapside, London, EC2V 6DN. If you have any questions or concerns about this Policy or the way we use your information, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to our registered office.
If you consider that we have not addressed a problem, you have a right to complain to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office. Further information can be found at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.